Sucky Week Actually..

Before I go on about the issue on having a sucky week, let's have a little wee bit of fun first, partly to cheer myself up a little~

The #1 movie in the world is Hunger Games, based on a book about kids killing each other. Writers! Now you know what to do to make money: write dark children's literature. To get you inspired, here's a list:





Now, to the depressing topic on me having a sucky week. If you have read my previous post, Tea Tree Power Review Contest and some more.., you would have known about my product review on my other Beauty Junkie blog and the contest that I have took part on The Body Shop Singapore's Facebook page.

Personally for me, it has been really frustrating, to say the least. Been begging, spamming, asking for the entire week or so for votes and I have votes from 2 consistent voters who promised to vote for me everyday. The other 5 votes came from me on a daily basis. You may wonder how I know who voted, right? I can judge a little from the amount of votes coming in on who's the consistent voters who promised and who are the ones who only voted once and forgot all about it. The ones who forgot about it ended up having to get 'spammed' on their walls and via Facebook's PM function to remember to vote.

I'm pretty sure all or at least most of my readers will have a Facebook account, and these account(s) will have friends listed. But frankly, how many of them are actually "true friends" when it comes to times like this? Just asking for 5 votes per day from each 'friend' on my Facebook account isn't too much, I figured. I mean, they needed help for their app games on Facebook, I complied. I never once complained about it since I do 'treasure' them as 'friends' despite not knowing them too well personally. And neither do I get upset when I needed help for my game apps and only the same few people actually bothered to help.

How about you my readers? When you asked for help, especially for contests on Facebook, from your Facebook friends, do they help and promised to do so everyday? Or do they help, doesn't say anything nor promised but still do so on a daily basis because they wanted to help you, but is shy to announce it? Or do they just 'help' once and forgot all about it until you bugged them again and again, repeatedly and daily?

And if you can imagined for this TBS contest, each person can vote 5 times a day, everyday until the contest ends on 17 August. Presuming I have 194 friends that are supposedly 'alive', that would account for 970 votes per day. Enabling me to get the top prize easily instead of having to cough up cold hard cash just so I can save a little more on facial (acne-prone) products. But instead of having a lucky 970 votes everyday, I only get the same 20-ish votes everyday. And each day, it's the same message over and over again, reminding everyone to:


Kindly vote for my review please. Each person can vote 5 times a day (use the smileys to vote). If I can win and you are part of my voter(s) who reside in Singapore, you can win S$100 worth of Tea Tree products from The Body Shop Singapore as well.

My name on the gallery: Pu
Currently: At Page 2
Need: At 1st page now, please don't let my rank/vote drop, do continue to vote for me daily (using the smileys) as contest ends on 17 August 2012. Thank you so much!!


And if you think those are the only ignorant ones, wait till you hear this: I had at least close to 10 more new friend request. And I was thinking, no harm in adding them since I can probably garner more votes. And guess what? These new 'friends' that I had added only recently are more 'realistic' than I hoped they are. Let's go back to the issue of a particular game app on Facebook I am playing, The Ville.

It's the same few people who readily and at first notice 'help' when I needed to build an extra room or needed certain items to build something to complete a quest. And the newly added 'friends', they just care for themselves. It's not like I'm asking them at gun-point or knife-point. It's just a simple app request, just like that. Not only do the new 'friends' didn't actually help despite spamming friend requests to me. But when they get added, it's just "Need XXX to fulfill this" or "Need YYY to fulfull that". Just like that. nothing else!

They only needed help for themselves, and don't even care if you need the same help too. Maybe it's time to just delete them off my friend list instead of wasting time trying to get them to help...

Oh, and my dear beautiful readers, if you are willing to help vote for me in TBS's Tea Tree Power Contest, just click on the image I grabbed off Facebook and uploaded up. I will really be grateful if I can win the top prize. Thank you for listening to my complaint of the week and hope you all have a nice day!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~